Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Bowling Night

Well, I have officially started on the downward track athletically. The kids and I went bowling tonight for family home evening. All the kids were amazing. I, on the other hand, could have used some oxygen and a cortezone shot or two. Laura got two strikes and a spare...she followed each instruction to a tee. Colton got a strike and a couple of spares. Hunter got a strike. And Ashlynn was simply consistent. Colton and Laura bowled without bumpers and I couldn't have been more proud of them. They all have great form...natural Kehr bowlers.

The problem was that I couldn't close out a frame to save my life...what an embarrasement. But, I was enjoying myself so much watching the kids and giving them advice when they asked for it that I couldn't focus on my own game. (That's my story.) In retrospect, I guess that I didn't really see my lack of game as a problem. Except...they were all gunning for their old man. Ha! I am glad that they were so focused on their own successes that they didn't feel the need to rub it in too bad.

At the end of the game though, I was losing to Ashlynn by one point...should I have done the gracious thing and thrown a couple of gutter balls? I guess I probably could of and maybe I should have, but she needs to win on her own merits...LOL! That's when kids will truly know that they have succeeded.

I am so grateful that they are able to live in the moment. They were all so appreciative that we could go bowling. Of course, I think they are hoping that Grandma and Grandpa are willing to compete against them when they come out again. Now, if they can beat Grandpa, then that would really be something...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never give up, never give in. That's my motto. Those little Kehr kids will have to take it from me. They'll have to pry my bowling ball from my cold, dead fingers when I'm gone ... LOL!