Sunday, September 14, 2008

Don't touch that!

The other day, I came out of my room and entered the kitchen area where Hunter, Ashlynn, and Laura were eating breakfast. I noticed what appeared to be a smooth and shiny rock. In exasperation, I asked the kids, "Who brought a rock into the house?" As I got closer and upon deeper inspection, I realized it looked more like the upstairs neighbor's dog, Jackson, had left us a small and accidental gift on the floor. I asked, "Who let the dog in?" The kids then crowed around the little nugget and began commenting on it. Statements like, "Ewwww, it's from the dog," and, "No, it's a rock," eminated from the kids. I even went so far as to poke it with my big toe. As we were thus engaged, we heard a low and slightly embarressed voice from the bathroom... "Don't touch that!" came the 12 year old voice from behind the bathroom door.

Yuck, I poked it with my toe!!!!

No comments: