Monday, October 6, 2008

"Rainy Days and Sundays Always Get Me Down"...

The kids and I had a full weekend. We went for a bike ride in the rain (Laura got hurt going over a bump). I stood out in the rain at work for two hours letting parents know that we had cancelled their soccer games. We watched Colton play his soccer game in a terrible rain storm (He hurt his knee from an illegal slide tackle done on him). And just when I thought it couldn't rain any harder, it picked the time that I was delivering papers in the morning to dump as hard as a waterfall. Are you seeing a rainy pattern...? Luckily, I found some good deals on rain coats for the kids (after the rain finally stopped.) Oh well, we will be better prepared for the next storm.

Well, my diet and excercise program has not been very successful this week. As Laura said, "Man, we have a lot of desserts in our house!" I tried to be good, but we made fair scones (Thanks to Jeremy and Janet for supplying the irresistable mix). Who can really resist a fair scone, or two? Pudding, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, apple pie and ice cream, and of course popcorn at the dollar movie... I swear I only had a bite or two, and I never touched the cookies... Oh, and can I count walking around Walmart for an hour and a half as a good workout? If not then I didn't really get a good work out in all week. I will have to try harder this week.

No comments: