Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blown Out Tire

Well, driving home from picking up the kids in Layton on Friday afternoon was certainly an adventure! We were just riding along laughing and talking when all of a sudden we could hear a loud grinding noise from the back of the van. We quickly pulled over and discovered that the tire had blown out. Colton was a great help as he put his practiced abilities into effect. Luckily I had made Colton read the car's instruction manual on changing a tire when he was a WEBELO scout, because he was able to recall how to get the spare out from under the car. If I had been stranded on the road without him, I would have laid on the ground and started to cry because I NEVER would have figured it out. As it was, Colton and I were able to get it changed without too much trouble. Of course, people were honking and blaring their horns at us on the freeway, but that seemed a little strange to me until I realized that Hunter was standing against the fence facing the railroad tracks taking a leak. He can't EVER pass up the opportunity to take a leak.

No comments: